We are seeking a Senior Homewares Buyer and Product Developer to join our Sales & Creative teams. Reporting to the Head of Product (Buying and Development) and the Director of Sales, you will be a strategic individual who is passionate about product, retail and design. Ideally you will be degree qualified in a related area and have 7-10 years of relevant work history.
What the role entails
- Carry out & implement all Buying & Product Development, in line with strategies & timelines set by Senior Management & Head of Product
- Carry out range Buying & Product Development, in line with creative direction set by Head of Product & Creative Director
- Manage a large and varied product portfolio, including hard & soft goods in Homewares & Lighting
- Manage product launches & replenishment in line with the Jardan buying calendar / critical development path
- Develop a wide portfolio of products under the Jardan brand – i.e., private label products
- Establish and nurture strong, strategic & positive supplier relationships, both locally and internationally
- Negotiate supplier trading, cost pricing, supplier payment terms and supplier agreements where necessary, including covering off exclusivity agreements
- Local & international travel when required – inspiration & trend sourcing, trade fairs & visit suppliers
- Critical analysis of sales data to ensure opportunities are consistently maximised and risk minimised, as supported by Merchandise Planner
- Manage & oversee all purchase orders requested from Planning, supported by Homewares Admin Assistant
- Carry out competitor analysis, to ensure Jardan products, pricing and promotions are relevant, competitive and on brand
- Work closely with the furniture design team to develop products relating to hero furniture ranges
- Create visual range / map boards to internally communicate ranges & new products
- Work closely with the Creative Studio Manager to plan space and layouts for all homewares ranges
- Carry out product roadshows and product training seasonally for showroom teams
- Create sales training packs
- Work closely with Graphic Design to create product packaging as required
- Manage and mentor the Homewares Administration Assistant
What we provide
We are proud of our people what their individual talents are, and we reward our people right from the very beginning. We will provide you with:
- Beautiful work spaces
- A great team environment who all work as one
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Generous staff discounts on both furniture and homewares
- Refer a friend payment incentive on applicable roles
- Development and training opportunities
Want to join our family
Please email your resume to Sacha McLennan, People and Culture Manager, at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Jardan acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which our workplaces are located. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present, and the Aboriginal Elders of other communities.