Jardan is seeking a Timber Machinist for our Melbourne based timber manufacturing plant located in Clayton. This is a skilled position, requiring someone who is motivated, with an ability to work independently and also follow instructions.
Reporting to the Leading Hand you will need to:
– Operate; Buzzer, Thicknesser, Panel & Docking Saws, Straight Line Rip Saw
– CNC Homag 5 Axis plus Flatbed
– Spindle Moulder, Edgebander
– Operate a Stroke Sander and/or Wide Belt Sander
– Bacci Mortise and Tenoner
– Read and interpret Working Drawings
Some heavy lifting will be required. The successful applicant will have a background in the furniture industry working with solid timbers and veneers. They will have great attention to detail and good communication skills. An ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.